7 Ways to Make Mornings Suck A Little Less
"Sponsored by Macy's and ShopStyle"
Whether you're a morning person or the complete opposite of one (yes me, hi hello), here are 7 tried and true tips to significantly improve your AM!
1. Sleep in Minimal Clothing: I’m OBSESSED with my Jockeys *shown above*. Seriously like, Jockeys or nothing (yes some days it’s the latter). But more often than not you’ll find me in the Jockey Cotton Allure Collection created just for Macy's! I sleep in the Jockey Cotton Allure Hi Cut undies and the super soft Cotton Allure Cami… but honestly the cami is so sporty and stylish that sometimes I’ll wear it straight from bed to spin class. Don’t tell anyone ;)
2. Meditation > Snooze: they say mornings are the best time to get your meditation in, but sometimes it’s hard to dedicate the time! My life hack: instead of snooze, press play on a 10 minute positive daily meditation video on your phone, and continue relaxing. You may even fall back asleep, but your subconscious is still picking up on the positive messages from the meditation. Be sure to set your alarm for 10-15 minutes later just in case you do fall back asleep!
3. Coffee, Fluffy Robe, & Your Thoughts: does anyone else like to sleep in arctic temperatures? I need a solid 67 degree room because I sleep so much better, but when I rise from my cozy little duvet chamber… I’m freezing. SO, I put on my fluffy plush robe, make my COFFEE (XL), and sit back in bed for about 5-10 minutes. That’s really all I need to organize my thoughts and set my intention for the day. What do I want to accomplish? How can I challenge myself? How can I be a little happier, kinder? What time is it? Am I already late? Shit. This is my favorite part of the day!
4. Gratitude: list off 10 things you’re grateful for… this instantly sparks a jolt of happiness within you that you can carry throughout the day.
5. Listen To a Podcast While Getting Ready: when doing my hair and makeup, I love listening to positive podcasts or inspirational audio books. It just gives you a positive perspective to carry with you throughout the day, without taking time away from your morning. My current audiobook: You Are A Badass.
6. Get A Good Breakfast In: I’ll be honest, I’m not big on breakfast—I don’t have much of an appetite in the morning! BUT I always make sure to get proper fuel to start off the day. Even if it’s just a few bites of yogurt and berries! It’ll help with energy and get your metabolism going for the day!
7. Lay Your Clothes Out the Night Before: mornings are hard enough, it’s nice to have one less decision to make! As I mentioned above, the Jockey Cotton Allure Cami also doubles as the perfect day-time tank, so if you do decide to roll out of bed and straight out in public, just remember to put on some pants with it ;) Whether or not you rock the tank, the Jockey Cotton Allure Bralette is the ultimate undergarment staple. Soft, supportive, stylish.
I HIGHLY recommend giving this Jockey Cotton Allure line created exclusively for Macys a try- it’s the perfect brand for us sporty and fashionable millennials! Here's a closer look: