5 Crap-Free Beauty Brands That You Need In Your Life
OK so unless you're living in a bubble, you're going to be exposed to toxins. Like I said in my last post, that bubble probably isn't BPA free, either. Point being, there's no point in obsessing on every little thing you put in and on your body... because you'll drive yourself crazy.
When it comes to beauty products that you use day in and day out, why not make the switch to a brand that has the least crap in it? Especially with our skin. Our skin is the largest organ of the body, and layering it DAILY with toxic shit is going to take a toll over time.
I think one of the biggest reasons why we resort to the popular name brands is because well, they work.
I've personally found it difficult to find clean beauty brands that I love- this is why when I DO find them... I'm hooked, I'm loyal and will always go out of my way to share with you guys.
A few of my personal favs:
1. AMIKA- you have no idea how long it's taken me to find a hair cleaning duo that's free from sulfates, MIT, MCI, Phthalates and artificial colors (also cruelty free + vegetarian-friendly) THAT ACTUALLY WORKS. I'm so happy I came across the Velveteen Dream Shampoo & Velveteen Dream Conditioner. The Buckthorn Berry smell is to die for, and I just love the super clean, residue-free feeling of my hair after.
Their branding is also on point, how cute are these bottles!? They're like shower shelf decor.
2. JOSIE MARAN- Josie is the MVP in my books. Fair trade 100% pure Argan Oil is her signature ingredient that is grown and harvested responsibly by co-ops of Moroccan women. This brand partners with earth-loving, women-empowering organizations & uses eco-friendly packaging.
My favorite product from Josie Maran that I use daily? The highlighting wand! It gives your upper cheekbones & brow-bones a MAGICAL dewy glow that stays put until you wipe it off.
3. TARTE COSMETICS- Tarte is a leader in healthy, eco-chic beauty... with products infused with ingredients like superfruit & plant extracts, minerals + essential oils. But most importantly all of their products are formulated WITHOUT parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate, triclosan & synthetic fragrances, just to name a few.
If you've EVER seen me with bright pink lips, it's their LipSurgence Matte Lip Tint in the color "lively". It's such a fun color without being obnoxious, you know?
4. PRIMAL PIT PASTE- Yes, you read that right. It's paste for the pits. This brand has only 1 product and it does it well. I've been on the lookout for a natural deodorant... and when I say on the lookout, I mean I've literally tried DOZENS of brands. I've done endless research, read reviews, blog posts, etc... and shocker, none of them seemed to work for me & my stubborn underarms.
UNTIL my sister (who if I can describe in 3 words: vegan, organic & natural) told me to try Pit Paste. I bought the lavender scent stick & was not disappointed. FINALLY A NATURAL DEODORANT THAT WORKS!
5. LOVING TAN: last, but oh, certainly not least. Not only are all of their products vegan, made from natural ingredients and free of any parabens or alcohol, it's the most natural looking color I've ever seen from a faux tan. Yes, better than my previous go-to, St. Tropez. I'm a HUGE (non-paid) advocate for them... I couldn't recommend their 2 hr express Deluxe Bronzing Mousse enough. I reached out to them directly to see if they'd give me a code for y'all: if you use "jensav" at checkout, you'll get their free application mitt, woo!
I'm always on the lookout for brands that are dedicated to combining high performance with healthy ingredients. Like I said earlier, we live in a toxic world... so if living in a bubble isn't an option for you, then balance & moderation is key! This is why it's important to swap our (toxic) go-to brands with cleaner ones when we find a good alternative.
These top 5 are my alternatives. What are yours!?
Off to Sephora,